Position: Health Advisor
Duration: Feb 20th – May 20th, 2022
Contract Type: Short-term contract
Location: Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Career Level: Mid (10+ years’ experience)
Overall Objective and Responsibilities
- The overall objective of the Health Advisor is to lead proposal development, program design, and implementation of health sector programs in collaboration with other advisors and experts in the firm. The Advisor duties will include the following:
- Prepare concept notes, proposals, bid documents, programme documents for projects in the health sector;
- Conducting relevant research and analysis to understand project needs within the area of technical expertise; and preparing recommendations, briefing notes, etc.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with key clients and stakeholders including but not limited to government counterparts, development partners, associations, private sector, etc.;
- Structure ambiguous problems and take action to solve them, Synthesize clear takeaways from complex information into clear takeaways and recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Work effectively with diverse teams to come up with the best solution and support people and organizations to implement new approaches and systems
- Develop inception report, design methodologies and assign responsibilities to associates and analysts and follow up on their execution
- Support conducting assessments of key stakeholders through desk reviews, interviews, workshops, etc. as necessary;
- Reviewing and providing input on all draft deliverables of the project within their technical area of expertise;
- Responsible for overseeing the completion of deliverables; performing quality control and validity and accuracy of data and all written materials/ presentations developed;
- Developing required written materials and presentations and presenting to management and clients as required
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Educational background in Public Health, Health Services Management/Finance, Health Administration, health economics, Health governance, Health Supply Chain Management and related fields;
- Extensive knowledge of the Ethiopian Healthcare system and stakeholder ecosystem;
- At least 13 years (for Bachelor’s) or 10 years (for Master’s) of combined professional work experience in either one or more of the following:
- Public health and health supply chain management, assessment and monitoring of health systems performance, family planning and Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Nutrition, WASH, and related fields;
- Policy and strategy analysis, research and mapping of ecosystems, organizational capacity assessments, human capital evaluation and training, skills, etc.
- Team leadership, program/project coordination/support type roles; experience working with Senior Management is an asset;
- Demonstratable track record in program design, performance management, learning systems; monitoring and evaluation; prioritization and sequencing programmatic and operational activities.
- Stakeholder management skills: Excellent in building and managing relationships, including the ability to navigate complex political environments along with experience and network within the health sector and emerging market development;
- Team Building skills: Strong team player with outstanding team management skills, ability to influence and coach team members; ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Analytics skills: Strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic planning and decision-making capabilities; ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Resilience: adoptive and able to adjust to ever-changing circumstances
- Communication: ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and local languages
- We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter (1 page) and (ii) a CV (maximum 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position title on the subject line.
- Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates fulfilling minimum requirements will be contacted.
- Application deadline is February 11, 2022.